Resources from Community Members
A number of Chamber and Community Members are offering services online and finding ways to provide addditional value during this time for their customers and clients.
- Home Health Depot is here to serve your home medical supply needs; Masks are also available at Home Health Depot (call first for an appointment 310- 891-1954)
- Torrance Memorial Medical Center COVID-19 Resources and Guidelines; plus how you can support via donations and supplies
- State Farm Agent Tabitha Pennington is offering care packages to local hospitals and first responders including hand sanitizer and bone broth (contact Tabitha’s office for details)
- Stay fit virtually – Still Got It Fitness! (Live chat on Facebook starting every Tuesday at 1pm; Also Offering workouts on YouTube)
- COVID-19 Resources from Kaiser Permanente
- Quarantine Sweat Sessions – Gil’s Kickboxing Gym online classes
- DisabilityVoicesUnited.org has webinars and COVID-19 resources for all individuals with disabilities weathering this crisis
- Access to masks – The Picerne Family Foundation has been generous enough to purchase 2000 surgical masks for the City and our community. The Chamber is working with the City of Lomita to offer masks to those in need and to businesses and residents. If you need masks, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Families & Seniors:
- Community’s Child Food Forward produce now enables Community’s Child to provide produce to 17 partner agencies. Collectively they are feeding 5,000+. To help Community’s Child feed all these families in need please make a donation today at www.cchild.org. Remember $50 buys a pallet of food (and feeds 5 families for a week), but any donation helps. Also seeking bags, masks and gloves. Food deliveries are available for seniors in need or those who cannot leave their homes. Contact Community’s Child: 310-530-4040 ext 302.
- Lomita Harbor City Kiwanis Club, Boys and Girls club, Communitys Child and Destiny Church Southbay are partnering to offer hot meals to families who sign up through Community’s Child.
Call 310-534-4040 x 302 or 310-538-6831 or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Help for Seniors to stay safe – Comfort Keepers (COVID-19: Help for Seniors; Resources to help seniors shelter in place)
- Golden Talk Chat Line for Seniors (also looking for volunteers!)
- Tips for working from home with kids/teens and managing anxiety (Yale Medicine) (CDC guidance)
- Keeping A Promise to Our Youth & Our Community – Boys & Girls Clubs of the Los Angeles Harbor (Grab & Go Food Programs ; Plus Online YouTube live streaming programs (College Bound, Career Bound, Basic Education Activities, STEM, Fine Arts, Physical Fitness, and leadership) – get more info at the BGCLAH website)
- Transitioning to working remotely (and with kids at home)
- Hello Bettie is offering handmade cloth face masks (contact directly for pre orders)
- A Notary 2 U is available by appointment only to help with any documents you need notarized (call for an appointment)
- Online music classes – Raffia Music Studio (Great for families currently home schooling and looking for other activities. Students ages 5- 105 are welcome!)
- The Picerne Family Foundation Offers Free Online One-on-One Art Lessons
The Picerne Family Foundation is offering free live online one-on-one art, music and writing instruction, in a new project, Shelter-in-Place: Face-to-Face. It is the Foundation’s effort to help combat COVID-19 isolation by bringing a fun activity into the home. Lessons can be scheduled on the Foundation’s Contact page: https://picernefoundation.org/contact-us/.
Supporting Frontline Heroes:
- Simply Teriyaki – Simply Teriyaki delivered 93 meals and 72 cookies to our heroes at Torrance Memorial Hospital. Please help us spread the news by going to their website https://www.simplyteriyaki.com/ – Go to online order then Feed the Frontline and choose the meal you want to donate.
- Friends of Lomita Library is asking for nominations for frontline heroes who are Lomita residents. Email nominations to Friends of Lomita Library.
- New York Life announces Brave of Heart Fund – check here for grants and to make donations that support the families of front line heroes that have lost their lives to Corona virus.
- Torrance Memorial Medical Center COVID-19 Resources and Guidelines; plus how you can support via donations and supplies.
City & Utilities:
Support our local restaurants, breweries and more!
Take-out. Delivery. Curbside. Gift cards. Buy online.
COVID-19: Updates & Resources. Small Business Loan Info.
Paycheck Protection Program and More.