Rules & Instructions for Participation
- Arrive at Lomita City Hall at least 30 minutes prior to the event’s start time (10am; arrival time: 9:30am).
- Check in with the Chamber Booth located at City Hall to find out where your space is (you will have a 10ft x 10ft booth space).
- Must provide your own table and supplies including tent, table, weights and chairs.
- Please make sure to bring your own signage, etc.
- Each event day is 4 hours. Plan on attending for the entire time. If you need to leave early or can not stay for the full 4 hours, inform the Lomita Chamber Staff/Volunteer when you check in. (end time is 2pm)
- If you are unable to attend on your scheduled day, please call the Lomita Chamber of Commerce at 424-378-7111 and leave a message.
- No onsite sampling. Any items given or sold to guests, must be taken away with them.
- Vendors will use touchless or cashless transactions as much as feasibly possible for the safety of guests.
- Vendors and their representatives must conduct themselves in a safe and courteous manner. Any language or behavior considered to be deleterious to the normal operation of the event will be grounds for expulsion.
- Vendors must submit a Covid-19 Best Practices Checklist for Vendors to the Chamber prior to participation.
I agree to cooperate with the Chamber’s Event Management. I will abide by the 48-hour cancellation policy and I will call the Lomita Chamber of Commerce at 424-378-7111 at least 48 hours in advance to cancel. If your group no-shows 2 times, you will no longer be able to participate in this event.
I agree to distribute only materials that have received prior approval by Lomita Chamber of Commerce. I will not solicit or resell products at the event without prior written permission. I agree to operate by the Participation Rules and Instructions.
WAIVER/INDEMNIFICATION/HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT
In consideration for being permitted to participate in the Lomita Business Expo (“Event”) located adjacent to the Sunday Lomita Farmers Market at City Hall. On behalf of myself, my heirs, executors, administrators, subrogates, and assigns, I hereby agree to and do assume all risk of damage, injury and loss (personal injury and injury to real and personal property) arising from my participation in the Event. I further hereby release and discharge the Lomita Chamber of Commerce (“Chamber”), VenaVer (“Market Manager”), the City of Lomita (“City”) and any department, officer, employee, representative, agent, contractor, successor or assign of said parties, from any and all claims for losses, damages or liabilities of whatever kind arising out of or attributable to my participation in the Event, whether or not caused by the negligence of the parties or their departments, officers, employees, representatives, agents, contractors, successors or assigns. I/we will indemnify and hold harmless the sponsors of the Event, the Chamber, the Market Manager, the City, their agents and employees, from and against any and all liability, claims, demands, expenses, fees, fines, penalties, suits, proceedings, actions and causes of action of any and every kind and nature arising or growing out of or in any way connected with my/our use or occupancy as a vendor at the Event. I hereby agree as a vendor/exhibitor representative in the Event I will maintain vehicle liability insurance for the vehicle used that Event day, and where applicable, and worker’s compensation insurance, in effect while I am participating in the Event.
I hereby agree and understand that my participation at the Event is on a space available basis and the renewal of my selling privileges is based upon the following factors: consistent reserved attendance, cooperation and positive relations with the Chamber, positive consumer relations, cooperation of my business and its sales representatives, quality of products, adherence to the event rules and instructions.
I execute this instrument voluntarily, with full understanding of its meaning, and with the intent of giving up any right I may have to sue the Chamber, the Market Manager or the City due to my participation in the Event. I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE FOREGOING AND VOLUNTARILY SIGN THIS AGREEMENT. Acceptance of this application constitutes a contract. As a vendor/exhibitor, I agree to the liability release and to abide by the terms of the contract. The Chamber the right to request any item or setup not deemed appropriate to be removed. Only items described in the application that I have submitted will be displayed.