All vendors must take precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Lomita Farmers Market strongly recommends that markets and vendors enforce best practices.
Basic Health and Safety
- Stay home if you have any symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, cough, shortness of breath).
- Stay home if you have been exposed to anyone with symptoms of illness.
- Maintain 6-foot physical distancing for staff and customers at all times. (link 1)
- Follow safe face covering protocols. (link 1 + link 2)
- Do not allow shoppers to touch items unless they’re purchasing or taking it with them.
- Sanitize hands after each transaction.
- Make sure ample hand sanitizer is available for you and your customers
- Follow proper handwashing guidelines (use soap, 20 seconds, do it often).
- Disinfect commonly touched surfaces after each transaction.
- Offer touchless contact-minimal options, if possible.
- Allow for social distancing at your booth.
- Mark the ground & use other tools to remind customers of 6 foot distance requirement.
- Pre-package items whenever possible in grab-and-go bags.
- Ensure all surfaces can be sanitized (avoid tablecloths).
- If possible, have two separate staff people to handle payments and products.
- When possible, price items to reduce the need for change (in $5 and $10 increments)
- Reduce contact at checkout:
- Accept checks.
- Use credit card chip readers and sanitize after each use.
- Use a cash bucket and ask for exact change.
- Give change from quarantined bills (at least 7 days).
- Use no-touch solutions such as Venmo, Apple Pay, etc.