Let us help you celebrate – Virtual Ribbon Cuttings Now Available!
Do you have a milestone or grand opening to celebrate? The Chamber is here to help you spread the word to the community and across social media. Contact us if you’d like to set up a ribbon cutting.
Why a ribbon cutting?
Ribbon-cuttings bring a community together and help people get excited about your business, but they don’t have to be just for new businesses only.
Whether it’s a reopening, a new venture, a special milestone or anniversary, or a move to a new location, an in-person or virtual ribbon-cutting ceremony is an important part of your overall marketing and advertising plan and is a great way to kick off or announce your business milestone.
As we continue to navigate a safe return to work, the Lomita Chamber has updated the ribbon cutting policy and procedures to ensure safety for participants and community.
- All County guidelines must be followed with regard to gatherings (social distancing, number of attendees, etc.).
- Ribbon cuttings should be conducted outside when possible.
- For ribbon cuttings conducted inside, the host must provide facemasks, access to hand sanitizer, as well as adequate space to practice appropriate social distancing.
- No more than 5 people (+1 person on each end) will be able to be behind the ribbon for the photo.
- Photos will be taken by a chamber staff person for sharing on the Chamber’s social media.
Virtual Ribbon Cuttings
The Chamber is happy to provide virtual ribbon cuttings to support your celebration.
- The Chamber will provide (based on availability) access to either Zoom or Facebook Live.
- Chamber volunteers will be invited to attend through the selected virtual platform.
- The specified virtual platform link will be shared with the host to distribute to their selected guest list.
- To protect the integrity and security of your event in the virtual world, it is recommended that you share this link with a select group of invited guests.
- The Chamber will provide the use of the BIG Scissors and ceremonial ribbon to the host.
All businesses are required to follow their applicable health and safety guidelines in order to comply with County Public Health Orders for their virtual ribbon cutting.