Lomita Chamber Members Get Free Business Advice
What Can The South Bay SBDC Help You With?
- Business Planning: business plan creation and review, start-up cost projections, business management
- Finance: cash flow management, debt restructuring, QuickBooks advising, funding (debt and equity), financial modeling, credit evaluation, forecasting, P&L statement development, pitch decks, venture capital
- Marketing: market plan development, business trends, branding, market research, customer segmentation/target marketing, advertising, content development/copywriting, 626, b2c, data analysis, marketing strategy, website content and basic development, video marketing
- Public Relations: PR plans, press releases, and event planning
Contracting: federal, state, county, city, certifications
- Legal: contracts, leases, trademark, incorporation, HR, DBA, EIN, LLC and other corporate filings
- Social Media: Twitter, Facebook, Linkedln, Periscope, SnapChat, lnstagram, Pinterest
- Other Areas of Expertise: import/export, food-related businesses, packaging, and clean tech
Office Hours at the Lomita Chamber
Our Lomita Chamber Advisor is Lawrence R. Johnson of the Small Business Development Center at El Camino College
Larry has deep executive experience leading established and start-up enterprises. He is the founder and CEO of LR Johnson Associates LLC, a specialty foods sales and marketing firm. In addition, Larry serves as Program Lead Advisor for El Camino College, where he provides advice and counsel for small business and entrepreneurs from the South Bay to the Westside of Los Angeles, through its Small Business Development Center (SBDC).
Previously, Larry provided corporate finance advisory and investment banking services for both Deloitte and Price Waterhouse. Larry maintains an affiliation with the Los Angeles consulting firm of Stanton Associates LLC.
He is active in Rotary International, having served as President of his local Rotary Club. He also serves on the Board of Wells Bring Hope, a not for profit that drills water wells in Western Africa. Larry received his MBA from Columbia University and has a BS in Economics from Boston College. An avid golfer, Larry also is an aficionado of the Los Angeles Philharmonic.
Lomita Chamber of Commerce Members can now get FREE business advice and consulting once a month at our offices from the SBDC.
Currently Office Hours are held on the second Monday of the month from 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM. To start the process please complete the form below.