COVID-19: Updates & Resources
The Lomita Chamber continues to monitor local city, county and federal orders, as well as gather resources to help our businesses and community. We hope these are helpful.
If you need resources or support, please contact the Chamber at email@example.com. We are working with our Local, County, State and other leaders and Partners to provide information and help.
COVID-19 Safety Compliance Certificate Program
Business owners can take this training to receive a COVID-19 Safety Compliance Certificate to be placed at all public entrances to their facility. This certificate acknowledges that their facility is following all the required Public Health COVID-19 Protocols. Employees can also watch this training to learn more about the Protocols and the steps their employers must take to offer required workplace protections.
Local, State & Federal Resources
- LA County Public Health Dept.
- California Department of Public Health
- Guidance for Food Facilities
- City of Lomita
- Lomita Coronavirus information and udpates
- Lift Up Lomita
- Small Business Development Center at El Camino College
- Small Business Administration (SBA) Economic Injury Disaster Loan
- SBA Guidance for employers to plan and respond to COVID-19
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19 (Dept of Labor, OSHA)
- Cal/OSHA Guidance on Requirements to Protect Workers from Coronavirus
- Employment Development Department (EDD) – Reduced Work Hours – Unemployment Insurance Work Sharing Program – alternative to layoffs. Employer Info and Information for Workers.
- EDD Tax Assistance – request a 60-day extension to file payroll and more. Call the EDD Taxpayer Assistance Center 1-888-745-3886 (toll-free).
- CA Infrastructure and Economic Development Bank (IBANK)
Business Risk Planning – Small Business Development Center (SBDC)
Advisors are available at the Small Business Development Center at El Camino College to help businesses adapt to the current situation. We encourage businesses to schedule a virtual consultation with the SBDC by calling 1-866-588-SBDC.
Their advisors can help you walk through important decisions you may need to make now related to cash flow, deferred payments and assistance for employees due to business interruption.
SBDC Webinars: PPP Forgiveness, Reopening Resources & Protocols
The LA SBDC is pleased to partner with LA County to detail reopening protocols and resources for small businesses. Each week in the 4-part series they focus on a different business type.