Updated Health Officer Order & Restaurant Protocols (January 29, 2021)
January 29, 2021 – LA County Department of Public Health released the following updated Health Officer Order and Restaurant Protocols
1/28/21: Restaurants and breweries may reopen for outdoor dining, and wineries may reopen for outdoor wine tastings in compliance with this protocol:
- Employees that may come in contact with customers must wear both a face covering and a face shield at all times when interacting with customers and when in customer service areas.
- Outdoor dining table seating must be limited to no more than 6 people per table, all of whom must be from the same household. All establishments must post signage and verbally inform customers that everyone sharing a table must be from the same household.
- Outdoor dining and wine service seating must be reduced by 50%. Outdoor tables must be repositioned or removed so that all tables are at least 8 feet apart.
- Televisions or other screens that broadcast programming must remain off until further notice.
- Restaurants must follow the California Department of Public Health’s mandatory guidance on the Use of Temporary Structures for Outdoor Business Operations.
Information about this update is provided here:
Reopening Safer At Work And In The Community For Control Of Covid-19 – Blueprint For A Safer Economy–tier 1 Surge Response – pdf
Protocol for Restaurants, Breweries and Wineries – pdf
Please be sure to refer to the LA County DPH website for more information