We invite you to join us to celebrate our community businesses and help them not just survive this Small Business Season, but to THRIVE!
When you’re doing your holiday shopping, we ask that you look local first. See if there is a local business who can offer the goods and services you are looking for.
Let’s support our local businesses, our neighbors and friends who provide jobs and give so much back to our community.
- Commit to spending a portion of your holiday budget at local business.
- Create a holiday shopping list with all the local businesses you love. Share with others.
- Purchase gift cards to use at a later date or to give as gifts.
- Take advantage of online ordering and curbside delivery.
- Frequent local restaurants.
- Dine-in or get your meal(s) to go.
- Treat yourself this holiday season and have a catered meal.
- Purchase gift cards to use at a later date or to give as a gift.
- Pick a day of the week and make it your take out day – Take Out Tuesdays sounds good!
- Don’t forget dessert! Stop in at a local bakery/café/restaurant and pick up a treat.
Share the Love Online
- When you shop or eat local, check in at the business on Facebook to give them exposure.
- Hashtag #shoplomita #shoplocal #smallbusinessseason #shopsmall
- Order online from a local business.
- Post photos of your food, favorite items you’ve purchased, etc. on social media. Share photos of favorite items you would like as hints on social media for your friends and family.
- Like and follow local businesses. Share and comment on their posts. Participate in local Facebook groups by recommending your favorite businesses.
- Leave a review on Facebook, Google or Yelp of businesses you have been shopping at, dining in, etc.
Go The Extra Mile
- Over tip your servers and service providers.
- Tip your service provider in advance for future services.
- Pay it forward. Pay for a coffee behind you, pick of a tab of another, etc.
- If you have a membership or subscription to a business, continue paying it.
- Take the time to say, “Thank You” to those serving you.
- Tell the manager(s) how much you liked your experience, or how much you liked the service you received, etc.
- Leave a nice note to your servers and service providers. A kind word can mean a lot!
- Ask a business owner how you can help. This kind gesture will go a long way.
- Send local businesses a holiday card to brighten their day.
Now through December 31st, we’re celebrating Small Business Season™. The chamber is encouraging every person of our community to support friends and neighbors by shopping, dining, and exploring our small businesses.
To learn more about the impact YOU have by shopping local and the impact SMALL BUSINESSES have in our communities, please read our other post/s here.
Join us and pledge to support local this holiday season. Shopping small can make a big difference.